Wednesday 24 November 2010

IF I WERE HODGSON

There is no doubting that Roy Hodgson has walked into a very difficult job at Anfield on and off the park. Obviously he would have liked a better start to the season but there are signs of improvement, and I think the new owners will give Hodgson time as most managers at Liverpool are. I like the way he is not making wholesale changes to the side the way Rafa did on a weekly basis, giving more of a settled team. There is a lot of work and improving to be done but hopefully over time we will get back to where we belong.
  I just want to give you my thoughts on what I think is our best team.

                                      MY TEAM

GOALKEEPER - Reina  I'm sure I won't get into any arguments here, he is one of the best keepers around.
RIGHT BACK - Carragher  I would like to see him here as he would make it tough for any opposing wingers. Great experience to organise those around him.


LEFT BACK - Konchesky  He is starting to look like a solid defender who also likes to get forward.
CENTRE BACK - Kyrgiakos  great in the air and gives everything for the team.

CENTRE BACK - Agger  I think he would compliment Kyrgiakos well as he is a good reader of the game and good on the ball.
LEFT MIDFIELD - Cole  he has a lot to offer, he's just been unlucky not getting a run in the team for different reasons.
RIGHT MIDFIELD - Johnson  I would like to see him played here as he is so good going forward and with Carragher playing behind him he would have good cover.
CENTRE MIDFIELD - Gerrard  I prefer him deeper in midfield where he can spray the passes about and influence the game more.
CENTRE MIDFIELD - Meireles  settling in now and would work well alongside Gerrard, good passer and can get forward.
STRIKER - Kuyt   a perfect foil for Torres with his workrate and can weigh in with goals as well
STRIKER - Torres   Just so important for us but would glad of the support Kuyt would bring.

I think the 4-4-2 formation would suit best for these players I have selected giving us a strong defence with a good midfield with plenty of attacking options and attack minded players.

Everyone would love to pick their own team, I just wanted to share mine with you.

YNWA

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a good line up to me YNWA

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good team. Just would use maxi on the right and johnson at rb. Carra and agger are terrific at the back and liverpool have the most clean sheets when they play. YNWA

    ReplyDelete