Thursday 23 December 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS

                                       MERRY CHRISTMAS

I am looking for a merry Christmas as a Reds fan, I think there is a lot to look forward to especially with the games coming thick and fast this festive period. Its true we have had a disappointing start to the season, but there has been signs of improvement. Our home form has been really good with the only blip being that loss to Blackpool, and we have went over 7 hours without conceding at home so we are strong at home. Yes our away form has been dreadful but there has been signs in recent away games to show that we are inproving, our game at Spurs could have went either way but lady luck didn't shine on us that day. At Newcastle when it was 1-1 we had chances to take the lead but failed, but it has been encouraging the way we have been creating chances whereas earlier in the season we never looked like scoring. With Hodgson deciding to play with two strikers has made a big difference and gave us a goal threat, ok so we have still been losing but at least we are having more of a go at teams and I think our fortunes will change for the better.
  Its also great to have Gerrard fit again and he will be a massive boost to the team, and this transfer window will be very interesting and I expect Hodgson to bring in a few new players which can only be good. The fixtures we have coming up over the next few weeks also give me great optomism as I can see us going on a decent run here giving us a good start to the year. I have been encouraged with some players performances in recent weeks too, Lucas has really improved since I slated his performance against Everton, he really has played well and has looked stronger. Meireles has looked a real class act in recent games especially since his move into the middle of midfield. Kyrgiakos has been a rock all season and with Agger fit again Roy has options at the back, Kelly and Wilson have also impressed in there appearances this season and in my view looking to be regulars in the first team.Joe Cole has a lot to offer he will prove that in the new year. Torres I'm sure will get back to form and start banging them in again. Maxi is becoming a key player and scoring some important goals. N'Gog is getting stronger and has looked a good partner for Torres in some of the games. Even Babel has started to show a good attitude in recent games and played well in them. So I am very optomistic with the New Year.
  I fancy us to beat Blackpool away on Boxing day then we have Wolves at home, which I hope for another three points, then we start the New Year with Bolton at home which will be tough but I think we will win followed by Blackburn away and I think our away form will improve with another win. If we get a good run of results in these games it will set us up confidently going to Old Trafford for our FA Cup clash.
  So I hope I find all my fellow Reds with just as much optomism as me and have a Merry Christmas and a winning New Year.

Seasons Greetings

YNWA

1 comment: