Thursday, 14 July 2011


                                GUANGDONG 3-4 LIVERPOOL MATCH REPORT

It seems no time since our last match of the season, that defeat to Villa, but it is great to see Liverpool back in action with food for thought with the coming season. A new experience for Liverpool playing for the first time on Chinese soil against Guangdong. Obviously the most important thing about pre-season games is getting everyone fit for the new season and Kenny was always going to use as many players as possible for this match.

                                                        THE MATCH

With a very excited support in the stadium hoping to witness a few Liverpool goals, the game got off to a good start and it wasn't long until Liverpool had their first chance when Wilson headed a Pacheco corner just wide of the far post.

The hosts reponded when Ricardo Steer had an effort beaten away by Gulacsi. But Liverpool were looking the most dangerous and the lively N'Gog forced Yu Yongzhe into his first save of the match.

N'Gog had the ball in the net in the 15th minute but it was ruled out for offside. Liverpool did take the lead in the 19th minute when Cole found Poulsen at the back post who volleyed low into the corner of the net sending the supporters wild with excitement.

Liverpool were playing some good stuff as you could see the players trying to impress Dalglish. Dalglish was smiling again two minutes later when N'Gog doubled the lead after good work from Cole and Shelvey.

Pacheco should have made it three after a superb passing move sliced open the hosts' defence but he side footed wide.

With Liverpool dominating the play and creating all the chances you were starting to wonder how many they would score especially when N'Gog had another effort ruled out for offside.

But Guangdong had a late flurry at the end of the first half with Mahamad Awal fizzing a shot across the six yard box, and then pulling a goal back on the stroke of half-time when Ricardo rose above Gulacsi to head home.

Dalglish made 11 changes at half-time giving first games to Wisdom, Coady and new signing Adam. It was good to see the new faces being introduced and Liverpool dominated proceedings like they did in the first half.

Maxi was unlucky not to score with a couple of good efforts at goal. Liverpool did make it three when Carroll set up Coady who capped an amazing debut with a great finish.

Andy Carroll got on the scoresheet making it 4-1 with 5 minutes to go firing in from close range.

The scoreline was just about right for the way the game played out, but fair play to Guangdong they never gave up and they grabbed a couple of amazing stoppage time goals stunning Liverpool somewhat.

Overall it was a good first game for Liverpool as most of the squad recieved match action.

Man of the Match -  Flanagan -  He carried on from where he left off last season.

No comments:

Post a Comment